OVERVIEW OF THE COMPANY
FOX Sports, the industry leader in live events, is the umbrella entity representing Fox Corporation’s wide array of multi-platform US-based sports assets. Built with brands capable of reaching more than 100 million viewers in a single weekend, FOX Sports includes the sports television arm of the FOX Network; FS1, FS2, FOX Soccer Plus and FOX Deportes, as well as a joint-venture business in the Big Ten Network and digital properties including http://FOXSports.com and the FOX Sports App. FOX Sports has delivered the most watched television program, NFL’s America’s Game of the Week on FOX, for fourteen consecutive years.
The Big Ten Network is seeking a Freelance Digital Designer to join their team in Chicago, IL. As the Freelance Digital Designer, you will conceptualize and execute content/creative with a focus on digital and social platforms. You will work within the Digital Department. This is a freelance position (August-June) offering up to 40 hours per week. This position will report to the Senior Designer, Creative Services.
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work closely with Big Ten Network’s Digital team to develop/produce high-impact content for multi-platform BTN channels (digital, social, broadcast)
- Deliver platform-specific content for digital and social platforms (Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, TikTok, BTN.com)
- Produce digital graphics optimized for sharing (mobile first); serve as a champion for mobile-first design/development
- Be a visual storyteller by creating content that will be native to digital and social platforms
- Contribute to the production of real-time reactions to breaking Big Ten news and live coverage of Big Ten Network events
- Collaborate with the CRM team to develop engaging email graphics for B1G+
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- 1-2 years of experience producing custom digital content; accustomed to the speed of daily design production for the internet
- Established ability to create and produce compelling stories; generate and execute ideas, from concept to execution
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects, Premiere) and other graphics production tools
- Production/editing experience with intercollegiate athletics programs or professional sports teams
- Strong organizational skills, with the ability to be detail-oriented, proactive, and a team player
- Demonstrated ability to meet strategic deadlines in a dynamic environment
- Ability to work flexible hours, including evenings and weekends
- Possess a deep knowledge of Big Ten Athletics and pop culture/emerging trends
- Familiarity with Big Ten Network’s programming, talent, and brand initiatives
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.
At FOX, we foster a culture and environment where everyone feels welcome and can thrive. We are deeply committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion, including attracting, retaining, and promoting diverse talent across our company. We live in a diverse world, with different ideas and different perspectives that come together to spark new ideas and make great things happen. That means reflecting the diversity of the world around us is critical to our company’s success. We ensure that our viewers, communities and employees feel heard, represented, and celebrated both on screen and off.
Click here to learn more about the diverse communities of people behind our brands.