OVERVIEW OF THE COMPANY
Blockchain Creative Labs
Blockchain Creative Labs (BCL) is a Fox Entertainment Web3 media company that enables creators, IP owners, and their passionate communities to build tokenized digital economies around their own content and brand ecosystems. Under the FOX banner, we produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands, including the Fox Network, FOX Sports, FOX News, and the FOX Television Stations. We empower a diverse range of creators to imagine and develop culturally significant content while building an organization that thrives on creative ideas, operational expertise, and strategic thinking. Fox has always been responsible for some of the most exciting and disruptive content in popular entertainment and has demonstrated that spirit of innovation once again by moving into the blockchain and Non-fungible Token (NFT) space, working with Bento Box Entertainment, the animation studio behind Bob’s Burgers and The Great North, to launch Blockchain Creative Labs, a business and creative unit to provide content creators, IP owners, and advertising partners end-to-end blockchain computer ecosystem solutions to build, launch, manage and sell Non-Fungible Token content and experiences, and fungible tokens, as well as digital goods and assets.
Fox Corporation is looking for a Senior Infrastructure Engineer to join the Blockchain Creative Labs engineering team in India. We love what we do and we’re looking for passionate, talented people to help us lead, grow and achieve our goals. Joining Blockchain Creative Labs is a singular opportunity to be part of a highly successful, dynamic team that is working to define the future of media and content distribution.
As a Senior Infrastructure Engineer, you will be at the heart of the team, responsible for deploying and maintaining infrastructure and applications used by web3 users across desktop and mobile, assisting with the architecture and maintenance of our cloud infrastructure and applications, and working with the rest of the engineering team to deliver these applications.
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
- Build, deploy and maintain secure and scalable cloud solutions for highly available digital services, comprising large-scale Web3 experiences and other dApps.
- Build and integrate tools to automate operational processes for improved CI/CD infrastructure automation, capacity provisioning, cost and performance optimizations
- Build and improve our alerting and escalation mechanisms
- Think ahead of the immediate needs of the development team and the current project workload and define what our infrastructure should look like
- Work with a fast-moving engineering team to drive projects in an agile environment and achieve the best possible technical outcomes
- Stay up to speed with the evolution of both web3 infrastructure and infrastructure engineering more broadly, helping the team to improve the infrastructure and keep it up to date while delivering projects on a rapid operational cadence
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- Hands-on experience building and maintaining highly available web and backend infrastructure where uptime and security is the highest priority (Apache, NGINX, nodejs, python and postgres among the tools we use, although the right candidate will be able to lead this conversation and adapt and learn as our stack evolves).
- Hands on experience building and maintaining CDN properties for high volume websites (Akamai, Fastly, CloudFront).
- Intricate knowledge of web delivery, HTTP headers, caching strategies and web security.
- Hands-on experience with one or more scripting languages with Bash and Python particularly desirable.
- Hands-on experience with Infrastructure as Code tools such as Terraform and Ansible and particularly CloudFormation
- Hands on-experience building and managing application infrastructure on AWS (using services such as IAM, API Gateway, S3, Dynamodb, RDS, SQS, VPC, EC2, ECS, Lambda, Opensearch) and able to guide and inform decision-making about good choices of infrastructure and configuration in this environment.
- Understanding of TCP/IP and development fundamentals such as DNS, TCPDUMP, HTTP, CDNs, SSL, Git, Firewalls and networking concepts (VPC, subnetting, ZeroTrust, NAT, etc), and the decisions and tradeoffs involved various infrastructure configurations.
- Experience working and developing on *nix environments
- Passion for learning and achieving operational excellence
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Experience of Web3 not absolutely a prerequisite but the right candidate will have curiosity and enthusiasm for this area and want to be involved
- Experience of the infrastructure and protocols behind video, broadcast and streaming media systems would be a definite plus.
Learn more about Fox Tech at https://tech.fox.com
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.
At FOX, we foster a culture and environment where everyone feels welcome and can thrive. We are deeply committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion, including attracting, retaining, and promoting diverse talent across our company. We live in a diverse world, with different ideas and different perspectives that come together to spark new ideas and make great things happen. That means reflecting the diversity of the world around us is critical to our company’s success. We ensure that our viewers, communities and employees feel heard, represented, and celebrated both on screen and off.
Click here to learn more about the diverse communities of people behind our brands.
Pursuant to state and local pay disclosure requirements, the pay range for this role, with final offer amount dependent on education, skills, experience, and location is: $118,000.00-158,000.00 annually for New York City and Westchester County, NY. $98,300.00-131,600.00 annually for Colorado. This role is also eligible for various benefits, including medical/dental/vision, insurance, a 401(k) plan, paid time off, and other benefits in accordance with applicable plan documents. Benefits for Union represented employees will be in accordance with the applicable collective bargaining agreement.