Job Number: R50020481
Brand: Fox TV Stations
Job Type: Engineering
Location Type: Onsite
Experience Level: Experienced Hires
Location: Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Job Posting Date: October 7, 2022
WITI-FOX6 needs a Problem Solver. Someone who can employ their electro-mechanical and information systems skills to bring FOX programming to our viewers. Someone who can support our News broadcasting and Digital streaming efforts without missing a beat. We have state-of-the-art equipment, new technology and many gadgets waiting for you!
• Ensure that all technical equipment is operational and support the production department’s use of the equipment. Supported systems include, but not limited to: HDSDI router and switchers, audio consoles and network, intercom system, digital asset management system, cameras, multi-view monitor systems
• Identify signal parameters and troubleshoot issues using test equipment including waveform monitors, vector monitors, audio metering, network and transport stream analyzers, and a variety of cable testers
• Work daily with Engineers, Production, News, and Digital personnel to support live programming
• Ensure all production systems are up to date and functioning as needed
• Troubleshoot issues with broadcast systems, and work with vendors and open trouble tickets with customer support
• Repair or replace equipment as needed
• Work with Engineering Leadership Team to plan and implement projects on tasks including research and specification of vendor/hardware/software, installation and configuration of system or solution
• Occasional facility maintenance level work will be assigned as required
• This position’s work hours include early/late shifts, weekends and holidays
• This is an IBEW represented position
• Knowledge of broadcast video routing systems, signal distribution and processing, and installation and repair
• Knowledge of production systems including switchers, cameras, audio, multi-image displays, digital effects, graphics, and editing
• Ross switchers, SSL and Wheatstone audio consoles and BitCentral Core, iTX, Adobe CC, Telestream and Signiant products, RTS and ClearCom intercom, Evertz EQX, VIP with Magnum control.
• Knowledge of satellite and compression systems (receivers, dish control systems, encoders, multiplexers, encryption and decryption equipment)
• Outstanding communication skills, both verbal and written
• Excellent interpersonal skills - ability to interact with all levels of people including management, peers, operators, and vendors
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Applications, including Visio
• Attention to detail and organizational skills
• Ability to function in a dynamic environment and work independently
• Capacity to multi-task and prioritize in a fast-paced environment
• Experience as an engineer in live television or post-production environment preferred
• Experience supporting cloud-based content management or OTT streaming preferred
• VHF and UHF transmitter experience preferred
• Applicant must be a graduate of an accredited electronics school or college or possess experience in broadcast maintenance.
• Must be able to lift and carry forty-five (45) pounds and with equipment, traverse walking distances, up and down stairs, and rough terrain to complete essential job functions.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.
At FOX, we foster a culture and environment where everyone feels welcome and can thrive. We are deeply committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion, including attracting, retaining, and promoting diverse talent across our company. We live in a diverse world, with different ideas and different perspectives that come together to spark new ideas and make great things happen. That means reflecting the diversity of the world around us is critical to our company’s success. We ensure that our viewers, communities and employees feel heard, represented, and celebrated both on screen and off.
Click here to learn more about the diverse communities of people behind our brands.