OVERVIEW OF THE COMPANY
FOX Entertainment has the power to break through. We seek to pierce pop culture with content that takes big swings, delivers mass appeal and elicits visceral reactions form our audiences. FOX has been the #1 A18-49 rated network for 2 years in a row and we got there through innovation and perseverance, as well as excellent content including shows such as THE MASKED SINGER, 9-1-1, CALL ME KAT and THE GREAT NORTH. FOX Entertainment programming includes a mix of Drama, Comedy, Alternative, Animation and Specials. Also within the Fox family are brands such as TUBI, FOX Alternative Entertainment, FOX SPORTS, FOX NEWS, FOX BET, Bento Box, Blockchain Creative Labs, and Credible.
MarVista Entertainment, a Fox Entertainment Company, is one of the leading independent producers and distributors of programming in the worldwide television marketplace. Headquartered in Los Angeles, California, the company has rapidly grown into a global producer and distributor of a broad range of programming genres. We are looking to hire a Manager of Development & Production, Latin America, to work independently and with the television originals team to help set up, oversee, and execute a slate of presold network and streaming platform films spanning a variety of genres.
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
- Source and assess screenplays, books, articles, life rights, concepts, sizzles, and short form content – as well as other forms of intellectual property – in an effort to help build out and sustain a robust television film pipeline.
- Find and cultivate up and coming director, writer and producer relationships
- Work with writers to develop ideas and concepts that are viable for the slate and to sell concepts and materials to various linear network and streaming partners
- Independently manage a slate of films from script development to physical production/on set supervision, and through final delivery of films in line with creative needs and delivery requirements
- On set creative producer on movies, for a predetermined time but often for the run of show
- Liaison with other departments to help facilitate negotiation around script option/purchases, director and or other talent deals, as well as any other support materials needed for greenlight, development/production, post-production and delivery
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- 5+ years of experience in scripted development in the Latin American market
- Experience in television and independent film with a strong taste filter across a variety of genres
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office, Outlook, Excel, and Zoom
- Network of contacts throughout the industry in Latin America, including writers, managers, agents, etc.
- Demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Great attitude
- Creative aptitude
- Initiative and self-direction
- Willingness to take on additional responsibility and growth as the company expands
- Strong creative problem-solving skills, above average ability to multi-task and remain calm under pressure
- Professionalism, discretion, and good judgment in all interactions with co-workers and industry professionals
- Fluent in Spanish
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.
At FOX, we foster a culture and environment where everyone feels welcome and can thrive. We are deeply committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion, including attracting, retaining, and promoting diverse talent across our company. We live in a diverse world, with different ideas and different perspectives that come together to spark new ideas and make great things happen. That means reflecting the diversity of the world around us is critical to our company’s success. We ensure that our viewers, communities and employees feel heard, represented, and celebrated both on screen and off.
Click here to learn more about the diverse communities of people behind our brands.