OVERVIEW OF THE COMPANY
Fox TV Stations
Fox Television Stations is one of the nation’s largest owned-and-operated network broadcast groups, comprising 29 stations in 18 markets and covering over 37% of U.S. television homes. This includes seven duopolies in the top 10 markets: New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Dallas, San Francisco, Washington, D.C. and Houston; as well as duopolies in Minneapolis, Phoenix, Orlando and Seattle.
Come join the Bay Area’s top rated news station! KTVU FOX 2 and KTVU+ is seeking individuals that have a respect for journalism and want to be part of the station’s best in class reporting, both in front of the camera and behind the scenes! Be part of a winning team with a diverse culture that believes in supporting, mentoring, and training our staff. We are searching for an experienced Local Sales Manager. As part of our total compensation benefits package we offer comprehensive medical plans, three weeks’ vacation, 401k, and tuition reimbursement just to name a few.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Candidate will have responsibility of leading the local sale efforts of KTVU/KTVU+ ad time and digital assets to local/regional clients.
- Deal effectively with a varied list of clients. Communicate effectively and establish strong relationships directly with local agencies and clients.
- Develop/implement strategies for growth on existing accounts and an effective new business plan.
- Establish and monitor local budgets to ensure successful achievement.
- Collaborate with the Research Director to develop impression estimates and assist with proposals and research items that strategically position the stations various platforms.
- Maintain expert knowledge of LPM impressions and programming, for our stations and the rest of the marketplace.
- Work on a variety of weekly and monthly reports to monitor market activity and strategized with the management team and local account executives.
- Work closely with the Digital Sales Manager on every negotiation and presentation for consistency in creating impactful multi-platform campaigns that help our clients achieve the marketing objectives.
- Demonstrate leadership to the department and fellow managers; all designed to achieve and exceed station goals and objectives on all media platforms- television, internet, mobile and digital.
- Maintain a positive and effective working relationship with traffic, creative services, and finance departments.
- Assist with recruitment, training, development and motivation of a local sales team.
- Other duties assigned as deemed necessary and appropriate.
- Candidate must have experience in staff supervision, adhere to and enforce company policies and procedures.
- Candidate must have knowledge of marketing, retail and competitive media, impressions, pricing, inventory control and budgeting.
- Candidate must demonstrate ability to solve problems creatively. Candidate must be detail oriented, resourceful, a team player, reliable and a self-starter.
- Must have a deep understanding of the digital landscape
- Must have a track record of successfully leading a team that consistently grows market share and develops new business.
- Must have excellent computer skills and knowledge of industry software is required.
- Strong written/oral communications, presentation and management skills are also required.
- Varied hours, weekends, holidays and local and national travel is required. Must have or be willing to obtain reliable transportation and a valid driver’s license with a good driving record.
- College degree (or equivalent work experience) and 3 to 5 years major market broadcast sales experience is required.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.
At FOX, we foster a culture and environment where everyone feels welcome and can thrive. We are deeply committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion, including attracting, retaining, and promoting diverse talent across our company. We live in a diverse world, with different ideas and different perspectives that come together to spark new ideas and make great things happen. That means reflecting the diversity of the world around us is critical to our company’s success. We ensure that our viewers, communities and employees feel heard, represented, and celebrated both on screen and off.
Click here to learn more about the diverse communities of people behind our brands.