OVERVIEW OF THE COMPANY
Fox TV Stations
Fox Television Stations is one of the nation’s largest owned-and-operated network broadcast groups, comprising 29 stations in 18 markets and covering over 37% of U.S. television homes. This includes seven duopolies in the top 10 markets: New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Dallas, San Francisco, Washington, D.C. and Houston; as well as duopolies in Minneapolis, Phoenix, Orlando and Seattle.
Without the pictures, it’s just radio. That’s how important photojournalism is to us.
KMSP/FOX 9 in Minneapolis/St. Paul is conducting a search for an innovative and inspirational leader for our talented team of photojournalists and editors. If you get this job, you will lead by example. You will come to us with at least three years of previous management experience. You will be a true mentor; creating a positive culture of creativity and accountability that includes ALL of the below:
- Routinely review and coach photojournalists/editors on techniques and style.
- Establish and enforce standards of photojournalism and editing. Additionally, develop a system for measurement of progress and accountabilit.
- Partner with News Operations Manager and Asst. ND for all live in-the-field productions. In particular, those include our regular sports show remotes with our broadcast partners.
- Be at hand during live newscasts to troubleshoot live tech and other unexpected problems.
- Point person for all photographer gear and vehicles.
- Be highly skilled in Edius editing, After Effects, Bit Central, Panasonic P2 cameras.
- Be able to operate Live U packs and maintain Live U servers.
- Shoot, capture and edit visual content for multiple platforms.
- Lead trainer and scheduler for drone usage.
- Other duties as assigned by VP/News.
- You will have five years of experience as a major market news photojournalist
- You will have three years of management experience and proven leadership ability
- You will demonstrate strong communication skills
- Your schedule can include nights, weekends and holidays
- Your skill set must include the ability work under deadline pressure
- You must demonstrate professionalism, positivity and be a good newsroom citizen
- You must have a valid Minnesota driver's license and a clean driving record
- You must be able to lift up to 75 lbs.
- Previous experience with a collective bargaining agreement is preferred
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.