OVERVIEW OF THE COMPANY
FOX Sports is the umbrella entity representing FOX Corporation’s wide array of multi-platform US-based sports assets. Built with brands capable of reaching more than 100 million viewers in a single weekend, the business has ownership and interests in linear television networks, digital and mobile programming, broadband platforms, multiple web sites, joint-venture businesses and several licensing relationships. FOX Sports includes the sports television arm of the FOX Network; FS1, FS2, FOX Soccer Plus and FOX Deportes. FOX Sports’ digital properties include FOXSports.com and the FOX Sports App, which provides live streaming video of FOX Sports content, instant scores, stats and alerts to iOS and Android devices. Additionally, FOX Sports and social broadcasting platform, Caffeine jointly own Caffeine Studios which creates exclusive eSports, sports and live entertainment content. Also included in FOX Sports’ portfolio are FOX’s interests in joint-venture business Big Ten Network as well as a licensing agreement that established the FOX Sports Radio Network.
The Big Ten Network is searching for a Pilot (Studio Operations) to join their team in Chicago. You will be responsible for the execution of live studio programming using a ROSS OverDrive Automation system. Your responsibilities include but are not limited to, using studio equipment to build effects and templates for coding and execution of studio shows via INEWS rundowns. You will be part of a team that works closely with the Production Producers, Graphics, Operations, etc. to execute and maintain a consistent, cohesive live sports studio programming. The position works primarily in the studio but occasionally will be needed in the field at live sports venues and also work a variety of schedules/shifts including days, evenings, weekends and holidays.
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
- Execute live studio shows, pre-game shows, specials and breaking news via automation - may also travel and assist with studio productions on remote sites at various Big Ten locations
- Work with the Co-Pilot, Production Producers, Graphics and Operations Departments to create and maintain templates for all on-air and monitor elements
- Coordinate with Co-Pilots, Replay, etc. on duties needed to facilitate and execute clean studio programming
- Schedule and participate in meetings and conference calls related to events, as required
- Assist with Ticker operations
- Other functions deemed necessary by management
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience with ROSS automation in a live setting with a strong understanding of studio equipment including switchers, audio boards, replay, etc.
- Knowledge of INEWS and rundowns
- Must be willing to work nights, weekends and holidays
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Great organizational and project management skills
- A demonstrated ability work without supervision in a high-pressure environment is essential
- Ability to adapt to changes easily, flexibility with the schedule, and have strong attention to detail
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, including Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Strong leadership skills
NICE TO HAVE BUT NOT A DEAL BREAKER
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- Knowledge and understanding of college sports
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.