OVERVIEW OF THE COMPANY
FOX Sports is the umbrella entity representing FOX Corporation’s wide array of multi-platform US-based sports assets. Built with brands capable of reaching more than 100 million viewers in a single weekend, the business has ownership and interests in linear television networks, digital and mobile programming, broadband platforms, multiple web sites, joint-venture businesses and several licensing relationships. FOX Sports includes the sports television arm of the FOX Network; FS1, FS2, FOX Soccer Plus and FOX Deportes. FOX Sports’ digital properties include FOXSports.com and the FOX Sports App, which provides live streaming video of FOX Sports content, instant scores, stats and alerts to iOS and Android devices. Additionally, FOX Sports and social broadcasting platform, Caffeine jointly own Caffeine Studios which creates exclusive eSports, sports and live entertainment content. Also included in FOX Sports’ portfolio are FOX’s interests in joint-venture business Big Ten Network as well as a licensing agreement that established the FOX Sports Radio Network.
FOX Sports Digital is looking for a Senior PM Editor to join our team in Los Angeles, CA. As our Senior Editor, you will guide FOX Sports Digital’s live event and evening editorial coverage, from examining and breaking down the games as they happen to tackling the biggest stories in sports both on and off the field. You are essential to the editorial agenda for the live-event window and ensure fans are served with the right content mix.
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
- Write and edit stories that are the heart of the new FOX Sports App and FOXSports.com, incorporating a blend of the best talent-based perspectives from across the sports landscape, social media, video highlights and analysis, sports gambling, research and data visualization, and graphic design to encompass everything a fan needs to know about a given topic in a state-of-the-art presentation
- Coordinate breaking news coverage in real time, ensuring timeliness and accuracy
- Work with FOX Sports’ unparalleled roster of talent to bring perspective and insight to our unique editorial approach
- Manage a team of editors and writers while collaborating with our research, social, video screening, and talent production teams
- Utilize analytics, research and other data to help shape the editorial strategy for FOX Sports Digital
- Help maintain and contribute to FOX Sports Digital’s editorial calendar and content budget, planning for upcoming events, major milestones and content themes
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- 6+ years’ experience in sports editorial
- Outstanding news judgment, skilled storytelling ability, thorough knowledge of digital best practices (including SEO, social platforms and content sharing), and a strong knowledge of journalistic principals and methods
- Deep knowledge of AP style writing
NICE TO HAVE, BUT NOT A DEAL BREAKER
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Adobe proficiency a significant plus
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.