OVERVIEW OF THE COMPANY
Under the FOX banner, we produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands, including: FOX News, FOX Sports, the Fox Network, and the FOX Television Stations. We empower a diverse range of creators to imagine and develop culturally significant content, while building an organization that thrives on creative ideas, operational expertise and strategic thinking.
The Technical Operations team at FOX is seeking a Director, Site Reliability Engineer to join its team. The Technical Operations team is responsible for overall health and stability of FOX Entertainment, FOX Sports, and FOX News infrastructure and applications, such as TV Everywhere streaming and Direct-to-Consumer products and services. Our systems power marquee programming and events, such as FOX series premieres, FOX Nation, World Series, NFC Championship, PBC Boxing, FIFA World Cup and FIFA Women’s World Cup. FOX is working on building operational excellence within a fast-paced and tech-forward organization, and the Site Reliability Engineering team is a core component of this vision.
A SNAPSHOT OF RESPONSIBILITIES
- With the rest of the SRE team, shape the entire lifecycle of multi-disciplinary FOX technology initiatives; work closely with Video, Client and Backend Engineering teams as well as DevOps and Digital Operations Center teams to proactively identify opportunities for improvement, and jointly lead these initiatives to completion.
- Lead capacity planning, proactive monitoring, and performance optimization eﬀorts.
- Deﬁne and champion operational process and enforce structure, including documentation, training and runbooks, escalations, RCAs and post-mortems to ensure systems are well understood and work smoothly, and recover gracefully in case of unexpected failure.
- Set an example to challenge other teams to improve operational visibility, advocacy and communication.
- Identify areas of improvement and collaborate across teams on architecture changes.
- Manage deployment - optimize, monitor, and enhance content and delivery pipelines to enable development teams to release quickly and often.
- Own custom and enterprise tools and services supporting internal platforms and initiatives.
- Lead day-to-day activities as well as roadmap of our SRE team.
- Build and mentor our SRE team into a cohesive, high-performing, strategic unit - through hands-on execution.
- Set and measure critical engineering KPIs to achieve performance targets.
- Enforce a mindset of automating as much as possible to ensure scalability and repeatability of operational processes.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- 9+ years relevant industry experience working on public facing, high-volume, high-availability applications.
- Engaged technologist with a passion for experimentation and innovation with ideal background spanning Systems Engineering/Administration, DevOps, Software Engineering.
- 4+ years of experience, growing an SRE or DevOps team in a lead role.
- Data and process oriented individual, experienced with monitoring/data aggregation tools and platforms such as: Splunk, Grafana, New Relic.
- Adept at working in an open-source setting, utilizing AWS services.
- Strong CS fundamentals and a solid working knowledge of modern, agile software development principles, and microservice architectures.
- Automation/coding background covering Python, NodeJS, Go, Jenkins, Codeship.
- Rigor in end-to-end test coverage and CICD best practices.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.