Our world- class mobile game development team is in search of a senior product manager to drive the strategy and execution of Live Operations for our upcoming AAA game.
As a Live Product Lead, you will be responsible for creating creative and sustainable ways to maximize the lifetime value of our players by analyzing data, managing the in-game economy, directing live operations tea, and designing processes and tools to help streamline the execution of in-game events and sales. We need a sharp, disciplined individual who has a passion for games, strong leadership skills, and a track record of managing live game economies.
● Manage a Live Operations team for our newest game to drive monthly/quarterly strategic goals and key targets.
● Create and execute events, contests, and promotion plans to drive monthly goals and target metrics for the studio team.
● Analyze and monitor key metrics and user feedback on a real-time basis to determine user trends and behavior. Quickly detect and surface game economy imbalances and concept/execute rebalancing plans.
● Drive the implementation of new innovations to improve virality, engagement and monetization.
● Incorporate best practices derived from analysis into new and existing game features and communicate key takeaways to management.
● Measure the success of product features after release and optimize their performance through split-testing and rapid, data-driven iteration.
● Provide Game Lead/Executive Producer with detailed feedback, reports, and information for development teams that will drive target metrics.
● Manage the live operations team to execute promotions and in-game events.
● Manage game economy and content rollout to maximize value.
● Identify new opportunities for improvements in the game.
● Work with engineering team to design, implement, and roll out tools and techniques for automating live event and offers for users.
● Previous work experience with free-to-play games (3+ years preferred).
● Strong quantitative and qualitative analytical ability with attention to detail.
● Understanding of game design concepts and principles.
● Experience hitting revenue/metric targets on a live game
● Ability to thrive in a fast pace environment.
● Self-starter, able to identify obstacles and work through solutions.
● Passion for figuring out how game economies work and change.
● Excellent analytical thinking skills.
● Strong leadership skills.
● Experience with drafting specifications for back-end tool improvements
● Strong verbal and written communication skills.
● Strong interest in interactive media – video games, social networking, etc.
● Bachelor’s degree
Aftershock Los Angeles is on a never-ending mission to create unforgettable games for mobile devices. Our studio was built by passionate game makers dedicated to crafting playful, smart, addictively fun experiences. We care about accessibility, depth, innovation, and production values... but most of all, we care about our community of players. We don’t just make games, we play and love them too, making player empathy a core value for all of us.
If you’re thinking about joining our close-knit team you should love games, be world-class at making them, and understand fundamentally that great business results come from great games and loyal players. At Aftershock LA you’ll be working with some of the best developers in the world from hit games and franchises including Command & Conquer, Battle for Middle-earth, Empires and Allies, This Means WAR!, Diablo, The Hobbit: Kingdoms of Middle Earth, Kingdoms of Camelot: Battle for the North, Dragons of Atlantis: Heirs of the Dragon.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.