This position will produce and direct sporting events and/or studio shows. Maintain the quality of program content, and fulfill advertiser’s contracts. Supervise crews, talents, Segment Producers, Associate Producers and Production Associates during pre-production, production and post-production. Provide additional supervision to Producers and staff members during pre-production and live productions.
- Develop content, create a rundown, and pre-production elements (graphics, teases, and features) for productions.
- Direct and produce in studio/remote sporting events and shows. Give assignments and instructions to the studio crew and talent.
- Coordinate talent, crew, and staff during the production process.
- Supervise Segment Producers, Associate Producers, Broadcast Associates and Production Associates. Liaison with other departments to gather information to determine responsibilities and delegate assignments.
- Provide supervision of edit session, live and/or taped productions.
- This particular post will manage production of the FA Cup, Bundesliga and the Europa League as their main responsibilities. This means forming and maintaining a relationship with the Governing bodies of those competitions to coordinate assets, facilities and broadcast information. In addition to learning to use the associated broadcast tools for those events including FAME and Legacy.
- A college education with an emphasis on television production is preferred. Knowledge/experience in Television and Broadcasting a must.
- At least 3 years of experience as a television Associate Producer or Producer.
- Extensive knowledge of European and US soccer and international sports.
- Ability to manage multiple projects. Must have leadership skills and strong analytical skills.
- Knowledge of INews, Filemaker and Microsoft Office applications, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and Explorer are needed.
- Must have a general knowledge of the operation of a television production facility, including on-line and off-line editing and studio and field production.
- Good organizational skills and attention to detail are required. Demonstrated skill in developing and maintaining effective business relationships is necessary. The ability to multitask and work effectively under changing priorities and daily time constraints is required.
- Good verbal, written communication, negotiation, and presentation skills, as well as good interpersonal skills are required.
FS1 is America’s new national multi-sport channel that launched on August 17, 2013 in approximately 90 million homes and boasts nearly 5,000 hours of live event, news and original programming annually. The channel has several pillar sports: college basketball and football, MLB, NASCAR, NFL (ancillary programs), international soccer, UFC and Golden Boy boxing, USGA events, including the U.S. Open, and the FIFA World Cup in 2018 and 2022 as well as the FIFA Women’s World Cup in 2019. FOX SPORTS LIVE is FS1’s flagship 24/7 news, opinion and highlights program, providing around the clock coverage through regularly scheduled programs, hourly updates and an information rich ticker. Original programs include: NASCAR RACE HUB; AMERICA’S PREGAME; MLB WHIPAROUND; THE ULTIMATE FIGHTER; and the groundbreaking BEING: documentary franchise. FOX Sports GO, a new authenticated mobile sports experience for iPhone, iPad, Android devices and the web, serves as the channel’s digital extension. The app offers more than 1,100 live games and events from cross FOX Sports, FS1, FS2 and FOX Sports’ 22 regional sports networks, as well as scores, highlights, news, stats and analysis.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.