Supports business unit(s) in a functional capacity in all phases of the Project Life Cycle, including post-production support and ongoing maintenance for an industry leading Global Media & Entertainment Company that prides itself in employing exceptionally talented, highly motivated, and driven individuals. Plays a pivotal role in implementing innovative and analytically intensive Data Warehouse and Business intelligence solutions that support mission critical functions across all areas of our business to a diverse domestic and international customer base and leading retailers.Thrives by facilitating/designing creative business solutions that provide intuitive user experience and are visually rich in high energy environments that promote out-of-the-box, creative thinking. Enjoys working in a dynamic, highly-agile IT environment utilizing cutting edge technologies. Serves as functional liaison to the user community, continuously gains an understanding of the customers' operations and systems used, and takes pride in knowing that their efforts directly impact the positive growth of your organization. Highly values productive, continual customer engagement & support, and strongly believes in providing quality solutions the first time, every time.
- Develops understanding of customers' needs and applies it in researching potential solutions.
- Owns clarification, rationalization and documentation of project requests.
- Participates in preparation of the Business Case, Project Charter, Project Cost Justification, RFI, RFP, Package Selection Recommendation and other project initiation documents.
- Ensures appropriate business participation in IT projects.
- Analyzes and documents relevant business processes.
- Perform technical analysis and design including but not limited to data extract queries, data model reviews, and data interface.
- Leads interviews with customers to define functional requirements.
- Defines, documents and reviews functional requirements.
- Leads the detailed design and/or configuration phases.
- Conducts gap analysis
- Drives software selection process, where applicable.
- Owns Integration Testing, including development of test plans, test cases and scenarios and documentation of results.
- Responsible for User Acceptance Testing on projects.
- Responsible for ensuring that project meets functionality requirements and expected business benefits.
- Assists in the preparation of end user documentation, training materials, curriculum and schedule.
- Conducts training classes, including train-the trainer, one-on-one and classroom style training.
- Provides first line post implementation support to users regarding functional issues.
- Engages all relevant participants in change management activities, where appropriate.
- Defines organizational and business process impact of the new and changes to existing applications.
- Develops change management documentation and presents to business.
- Takes ownership of functional issues by identifying underlying problems, analyzing potential solutions and implementing system resolutions, including workarounds.
- Performs functional analysis for production support activities.
- Applies and enforces department change control policies & procedures.
- Leads and coordinates with other IT departments on integrated system support.
- Mentors and leads Business Analysts and other team members.
- Communicates plans, status and issues to management on a regular basis.
- Adheres to department standards, policies, procedures and industry best practices.
Other Duties As Required
- Successfully engage in multiple initiatives simultaneously.
- Work independently with users to define concepts and processes and under direction of project managers.
- Proactively communicate and collaborate with external and internal customers as maybe necessary, to analyze information needs and functional requirements and deliver the following artifacts as needed: Functional requirements (Business Requirements Document), Use Cases, Test Scripts, Application workflows, GUI, Screen and Interface designs as applicable.
- Critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, decompose high-level information into details, abstract up from low-level information to a general understanding, and distinguish user requests from the underlying true needs